Friday, December 4, 2020

RELEASE BLAST: VIEW WITH YOUR HEART by L.B. Dunbar

 

Release Date: December 3

When a prodigal son returns to his small town, secrets could prevent a second chance at romance.

At eighteen, I fell in love with a girl for a summer.

At twenty-five, I spent a lust-filled weekend with her.

At thirty-eight, I hadn’t planned to give her my heart.

But you know what they say about third times...

Gavin Scott left home long ago. On his way as a promising professional baseball player, he missed nothing from his small-town other than one woman and a few wild nights one summer. 

Not prone to sentimentality, he hasn’t looked back until life threw him a curveball and an invitation for his new venture returns him to his roots, where he learns the woman he’s never been able to forget is still there.

Britton McKay didn’t expect to stay. Elk Lake City was only her summer town until life changed course more times than she could keep track. As the owner of the local tea shop, she braces herself for the annual film festival celebration which brings forward memories of some glorious summer nights, an unforgettable weekend romp, and the secret she’s been holding back for too many years.

Sometimes it’s all a matter of perspective before the heart can love again. 

Author note: A former baseball player, the woman he left behind, and a decade-old secret gives this third-time encounter a chance to heat things up in this small town.

**Previously published as Touch Screen - now with 80% new content


Grab Your Copy Here:
Amazon US |  Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon AU 
Free in KU


Reviewer: Ebbie
Rating: 5 Stars

View with your heart is the fourth book in the series. 
 I really liked this book, it was the first book I have read by Ms Dunbar. I felt like this book could be a stand alone, I didn't read the first three books in this collection and was able to follow the story.  I enjoyed her writing style; she pulled me in from the beginning. I felt invested in the characters and cared about how things would work out for them. 

This book brought about a lot of emotions for me; I laughed, I cried, and occasionally cussed under my breath at Gavin. 
Gavin was a great male lead.  He was handsome, talented, and seemed to have everything he wanted in his life in California except his family. Britton was sweet and caring. She had been through a lot and sacrificed a lot but she wouldn't have had it any other way. 

Gavin and Britton had a summer romance for most of their teenaged years. Gavin had wanted to her out of the small town, he moved to California to get into the movie industry. It was ironic that his first movie brought him back home because he was featured in a local film festival. When Gavin ran into Britton, she reminded him of everything he once had and left behind. 

This was a great second chance at love story. The characters were realistic and believable. I love how the author used an everyday  situation for the story line, it made it that much more real to me and made the emotions I felt that much stronger. I cannot wait to go back and read the first three books in this collection.


Meet L.B. Dunbar

I’ve been accused of having an over-active imagination. 


To my benefit, this imagination has created over twenty novels, including the creation of a small-town world (Sensations Collection), rock star mayhem (Legendary Rock Star series), MMA chaos (Paradise Stories), rom-com for the over forty (The Sex Education of M.E.), and a suspenseful island for redemption (The Island Duet). My alter ego, elda lore, creates magical romance through mythological retellings (Modern Descendants). 

My life revolves around a deep love of reading about fairy tales, medieval knights, regency debauchery, and strong alpha males. 

I love a deep belly laugh, a strong hug, and an occasional margarita. My other loves include being mother to four grown children and wife to the one and only.

Connect with L.B. Dunbar


Hosted By:

No comments:

Post a Comment