Monday, February 10, 2014

Review for Promiscuous by @MissycJohnson







When you're a twenty-year-old triple platinum singer you get an image.

Except mine was all wrong. On drugs; pregnant; fucking my manager. 

But I wasn't; it was all lies. I was a good girl.

But now I'm done being the good girl, because it has gotten me nowhere.

I spent the last year in love with a guy who I was paying to fuck me.


A guy who fell in love with someone else.


But now I’m over it. Now it's about me.

If the world thinks I’m a bad girl, then hell, that’s what I’ll be.

I'll show them bad.

Let's find out how promiscuous I can be.



Let me start off by saying that I'm a huge fan of Missy Johnson. I love her writing style and ever book of hers I have read so far. This book is no exception. I loved Tease. This was the fastest 300 and some pages I have read. I couldn't put it down. The story flowed so well and you needed to know what was going to happen next.

This is Bethany's story and told mostly from her POV. When the story starts off Bethany is trying to get over Coop but to still remain friends with him. However Coop has to cancel plans, because of his girlfriends insecurities, and the unthinkable happens to Bethany that night. This was a tough scene to read and I felt horrible that she had to go thru that. She turns to alcohol to help her cope. At a club one night she meets Roman, super HOT scene, however this wasn't a chance meeting. He was hired to watch Bethany and keep her out of trouble, but who did the hiring? There is definitely sexual attraction between the two that develops into more. He makes her feel safe and like her old self, but both have demons from their past. Can they move on to a future together?

Loved that we got some chapters from Roman's POV. We got to get inside his head, but there is still so much he is hiding, and I can't wait to find out more about him in the next book. Also There are some definite HOT scenes in this book so be prepared!

I wouldn't consider this to have ended in a cliff hanger. The story could have ended where it is at now but lucky us we get more!!! The first chapter of book 3 Scandalous is in the back and it is HOT!!! I need more now that was a total TEASE (pun intended!). I would definitely recommend this to anyone that likes HOT and DIRTY books with a great story and a little suspense!!! Can't wait for more!




I was beginning to realize what this was: he wanted more of the party girl. He was here to see the Beth who stayed out all night drinking, and kissing random girls and making out with handsome men.

Not me. Well, not the real me, anyway.

I slipped a finger through the tie of my robe, letting it fall open. I arched my shoulders, letting the material float down my shoulders. Goosebumps hit my arms as I stood there confidently. Inside, I was a screaming mess.

What the hell am I doing? What if he touched me? What if I freaked out?

Sure, I'd had plenty of sex since the rape, but none sober. I hadn't let anyone touch me without being completely smashed first.

He stared at me for a moment, his eyes wandering over my curves as time seemed to freeze. I couldn't read his expression, but the longer he stood there, watching me, the more I began to panic. Without saying a thing, he bent down and retrieved the robe, threading my arms back
into it.

"I'm not here to fuck you, Beth." He spoke softly, his hands running over the soft silk of my robe, down my arms to my fingers. I jumped back, both relieved and confused.

Well, this is embarrassing.


Missy lives in a small town in Central Victoria with her husband, and her confused pets (a dog who think she's a cat, a cat who thinks he's a dog...you get the picture).

When she's not writing, she can usually be found looking for something to read.












No comments:

Post a Comment