Saturday, February 15, 2014

Review of Archer's Voice by Mia Sheridan

TITLE: ARCHER'S VOICE
AUTHOR: Mia Sheridan
Reviewer: Rebecca
Rating: 4.5 Star Groupie Rating



When Bree Prescott arrives in the sleepy, lakeside town of Pelion, Maine, she hopes against hope that this is the place where she will finally find the peace she so desperately seeks. On her first day there, her life collides with Archer Hale, an isolated man who holds a secret agony of his own. A man no one else sees.

Archer's Voice is the story of a woman chained to the memory of one horrifying night and the man whose love is the key to her freedom. It is the story of a silent man who lives with an excruciating wound and the woman who helps him find his voice. It is the story of suffering, fate, and the transformative power of love.

THIS IS A STAND-ALONE NOVEL. The first three books in the series need not be read to enjoy this book. New Adult Contemporary Romance: Due to strong language and sexual content, this book is not intended for readers under the age of 18.


"I'm here for you.  I'm here because of you.  I'm here because you saw me, not just with your eyes, but with your heart.  I'm here because you wanted to know what I had to say and because you were right....everyone does need friends."

I LOVED this book!!  It was so invigorating to read a book that had a little bit different of a story line! For the first time in a LONG time..the girl wasn't the virgin!!

Bree is running from a tragedy that happened a few months ago and feels getting away will help her overcome her fearls, regrets, and flashbacks she keeps having.  She lands in Pelion, Maine and instantly falls in love with the area.  She wasn't looking for love when she met the strange, elusive Archer Hale but love can surprise you.

"As I stared at him, if felt like something moved between us, almost as if I should reach out and try to grab the air surrounding our bodies-like perhaps my hand would come back holding something tangible, something soft and warm."

Archer Hale has been a virtual recluse since his Uncle passed away a few years ago.  He lost his voice in a horrific accident as a child that involved his parents and his other uncle.  Everyone in town thinks he's dense and slow, but he knows otherwise.  He has secrets that would change everything the people in town believe happened that night so long ago.  But if his aunt and cousin have anything to do with it, he will never "speak" about it ever.  

"I had been okay with it-until she came waltzing onto my property.  And now, I was getting all kinds of crazy, unwelcome ideas in my head."

This epic story took me places I don't think I have ever been.  Bree and Archer both had their problems but together they could take on anything.   Archer fought against the relationship at times, especially when he didn't feel that he could be "man" enough for Bree.  But Bree was always there to reel him back and show him that he was exactly what she needed.  The love between them was so tangible and sweet, you couldn't help but root for them.   The heartache that both went through in their young lives was tremendous and affected both in ways that they didn't know how to fix by themselves.  I loved their text messages between each other, such a bonding moment for them! When Archer makes a choice to change things he devastates Bree and she isn't sure she will survive it.  Just wait...there is BAM close to the end that will shatter your heart and make you want to throw your ereader across the room!!!

"How do you teach a man who has lost everything, not to fear it happening again?  How do you teach a person to trust in something none of us can guarantee?"




I'm Mia Sheridan. So nice to meet you! :) I'm an avid reader, and now writer! of romance and erotic novels. I live in Cincinnati, Ohio with my husband who is a police officer and my biggest fan (not necessarily in that order). We have four children here on earth and one in heaven. When I'm not sitting on my couch with my head buried in my Kindle, I can be found writing or doing anything creative from building a patio, to sewing pillows. The wild hairs I get know no bounds. Leo is my debut novel, but my head is swimming with more...



No comments:

Post a Comment