Saturday, February 22, 2014

Review of Come Undone by Jessica Hawkins


Come Undone
Jessica Hawkins
The Cityscape Series Book 1
Reviewer: Nicole
Rating 4.5 Groupie Stars


Buy Links:



 
 Olivia Germaine has already found love. Devoted wife, loyal friend, determined career woman - she’s created the life she always envisioned.

But when Olivia locks eyes with a handsome stranger across a crowded room, he peers a little too closely and sees emotions she thought she’d buried long ago.

David Dylan, alleged playboy and eternal bachelor, challenges Olivia to confront the life she’s built and to make decisions that could either lead to happiness . . . or regret.

Will Olivia be able to draw the line between lust and love?

And can David respect that line?
 
 
 I received an ARC in return for an honest review.

4.5 Stars

I'm kind of mad at myself for not starting this series previously!!! It was so good. It was so close to being a 5 star but that ending about killed and my kindle almost met the wall. I seriously read this in a 24 hour period. I was up until 3 am finishing it. The book had it all a love story, love triangle, cheating, HOT dirty male, confused female, and a little bit of action and suspense. The reader will go through a range if emotions through out. The book is well written and has a great flow.

Olivia is married to Bill. Im not sure how I really feel about Bill. He isn't a bad guy but he's boring and doesn't really make an effort with his wife. I feel like they are too different and want different paths in life. Their is no passion or connection between the two. Then there is David. Seriously I think I'm in love. He's success, smooth, caring, and did I mention HOT. The moment Olivia and David meet there is an instant connection. Neither has experienced how they feel towards each other. The only problem is she is MARRIED!!! David is a very persistent man and starts to break down her walls little by little. Will Olivia give in and if she does who will she choose the safe choice or the right choice?

So one of my pet peeves in books is cheating, emotionally or physically, I just don't like it, but I'm okay with it happening in this book. I am so team David if you couldn't tell. I can wait to read the rest of the series, ahhhhh I need to know what happens next! I would definitely recommend this book! 
 
 
Jessica Hawkins grew up between the purple mountains and under the endless sun of Palm Springs, California. She studied international business at Arizona State University and has also lived in Costa Rica and New York City. Some of her favorite things include traveling, her dog Kimo, Scrabble, driving aimlessly and creating Top Five lists. She is the helpless victim of an overactive imagination that finds inspiration in music and tranquility in writing. Currently she resides wherever her head lands, which lately is the unexpected (but warm) keyboard of her trusty MacBook.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment