Sunday, November 3, 2013

Author Spotlight


Melissa Brown

We met Melissa at the Windy City Authors Event in September. I've had her books on my TBR list for awhile now and couldn't resist buying signed copies of them and convincing Rebecca to buy them too! She was extremely nice and you can tell she cares for and appreciates her readers. Loved the books and read them in 2 day span. Would definitely recommend this series and author!




I am a writer and stay-at-home Mom living in the Chicago suburbs with my husband and two young children.  I love books---everything about them. I love reading them, being surrounded by them in bookstores and libraries, and most recently, writing some of my own.

"Bouquet Toss" is available as an e-book and in paperback. It is a story that is very close to my heart, one that was very cathartic to write and has opened me up to all sorts of writing possibilities. I truly hope you will enjoy it.

I am currently working on a book called "Champagne Toast."  It is the follow-up to "Bouquet Toss" and should be arriving this spring.

I also love to bake.  Cake truffles, cupcakes, homemade fudge and bark, cookies and whoopie pies are some of my favorites to make.  I enjoy making creative gifts for friends, family and my kids' teachers.  I'm excited to share my baking adventures with you.

And finally, I must admit, I am wild for actor Henry Cavill.  He makes me swoon like no other celebrity can.  I love reading his interviews and admiring him in photos. 








Note: Although these books are part of a series, they do not need to be read in order.




Bouquet Toss (Book 1)
Ever since Daphne Harper graduated from college, all of her friends have fallen in love, become engaged and walked down the aisle. Be it a blessing or a curse, Daphne (a hopeless romantic and perpetual single girl) catches the bouquet at every single wedding she attends. 

Daphne’s love life is a mess. Her first love, Mayson, haunts her heart and keeps her from pursuing happiness with any man who comes along. As she struggles to move on from the one who got away, Daphne wonders if she will ever break her curse and find her happily ever after.

Champagne Toast ( Book 2)
Kate Armour and Evan Maxwell fell hard and fast for each other while attending college. Their once passionate and loving relationship ended when old scars eventually tore them apart. Two years after their breakup, they're each struggling to piece together what went wrong in an attempt to move forward.

Kate, a no-nonsense bartender, must face her past while attempting to focus on her future.

Evan is stifled by his bitter heart, which threatens each and every relationship he attempts after walking away from Kate.

Will life offer them a second chance at love or are old patterns simply too hard to break?

Picturing Perfect (Book 3)
Life may not turn out like we planned, but sometimes that’s what makes it perfect…

Hadley Foster has always been a planner. But, since the age of nineteen, things haven’t exactly gone according to plan… not at all. And the changes continue to mount when a trip to Europe with her best friend starts a domino effect in all aspects of her life. Suddenly, the future she had envisioned for herself seems unlikely to happen. It’s time to make a new plan… or accept the dominoes as they fall.

Jason Kelly has a great life. He’s a successful self-published writer who’s living his dreams. But, something is missing. Hadley Foster. Letting her slip through his fingers is one of his biggest regrets. Over time, he had to accept the idea of being without his first love as he watched her fall in love with someone else.

When circumstances bring Jason and Hadley back into one another’s lives, they’re forced to deal with their past, their present and the possibility of a future together.









No comments:

Post a Comment