Sunday, November 24, 2013

Review of Sharing Harper by V. Murphy


Sharing Harper
V. Murphy
Rating: 4 Groupie Stars


 “I’m not very good at sharing, especially when it comes to you Harper.”

A pain too hard to understand.
A struggle too deep to reach.
A love too complicated to work…but too intense to let go.
Harper Mae ran as far away as she could from her abusive past. She went to a different city and numbed her pain by using men, never sleeping with the same guy more than once.
Ryder worked at a coffee shop trying blend in with the rest of the world, desperately trying to live a normal life. After leaving a relationship and losing his family, he vowed never to fall in love again.

Until one day they are unexpectedly drawn to each other unable to let go.

Harper and Ryder’s turbulent relationship, two people who are struggling to find themselves, realize the answer lies within each other.
Secrets, so deep, that both have, end up surfacing causing irrevocable pain.
Will their love be strong enough to survive or will their pain be the downfall to their relationship?
Will Harper open up enough to share her past with Ryder or will he be just another number on her list?


"I don't want to share you with anyone else Harper, not even with the memories of your past."

This book was definitely not what I expected. It was so much more. There was so much to Harper and Ryder's story. Both were damaged because of their families turning their backs on them and from horrible things that were done to them by significant others who were supposed to love them. The author does a great job of keeping you guessing on what both Harper and Ryder are hiding about their pasts. As the story goes on each layer is torn away, and we learn more about the main characters. I had some idea where the story was going, but there were a few times where I thought I did not see that coming!

Harper ran to San Diego to free herself from her past. When we first meet her she doesn't do relationships or love. She hardly sleeps with the same guy twice. She needs control in her life and keeps her true self hidden deep. I love her best friend Skye. She was bubbly but she was always there for Skye when she needed her.

"It was so easy to be someone else when you don't know who you are."

Ryder is talk, dark, and handsome, with tattoos (HOT) and a body to die for! Ryder is running from his past too. We don't actually get to learn about his past until the very end! (I could not put the book down I needed to know what his big secret was....and boy was it big, almost costing his Harper). 

When Harper and Ryder meet sparks fly, and there is an unspoken connection. Harper tries to fight their connection,but Ryder is very persistent. Once she finally lets her walls down and let's Ryder in, you know that they are perfect for each other and just may be able to heal one another.

"I could see myself with someone like him; someone who would come and rescue me from the nightmares of my reality."

Oh the SEX is HOT! This author knows how to write a sex scene. Ryder is very vocal on what he wants and it is panty melting hot!

This book is not a stand-alone, but there is no cliff-hanger (THANK YOU!!). Their story could have ended with this book, but we get MORE! I can't wait to see what happens next for Harper and Ryder.  I would recommend this book to anyone looking for a great story with characters you can really connect to and that keeps you guessing until the very end.


 Hi! I am V. Murphy and I love everything about reading (some may call me a bibliophile). I am a current graduate from the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign and heading out west to live the California dream while pursuing my masters degree in school counseling at the University of San Diego. You can find me writing in a Panera, small coffee-shop, or on campus. When I am not spending my time in school or reading, I love to write, bake and shop. Thank you for taking your time to pick up and read my story. I hope you loved it as much as I have loved writing it for you. If you would like to know more about me and the books in progress, look me up on the ‘net.


Email: vmmurphy4@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment