Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Review of After Ever by Jasinda Wilder

After Ever (The Ever Trilogy #2)
Author: Jasinda Wilder
Reviewer: Rebecca
Rating:  4.5 Star Groupie Rating




Ever,

I don’t know who I am anymore. I’m a castaway. Lost. Drowning. I love you. That’s the only true thing I know, and it’s all I have to hold on to. I love you. I’ll love you forever. Until the day I die, and I’ll love you in whatever world comes after this one. I love you so much, Ever. I miss you. Dear Jesus, I miss you. Come back to me. 

For forever, and after forever,
Caden


"And if I thought that I'd been broken before, I wasn't.  Ever had healed me, and now the accident had irreparably shattered what was left on my soul."

What a continuation of a what I think is about be an epic story!!!  I was floored at the ending of Forever and Always, but After Ever just pulled my heart from my chest and stepped on it!!  

"I was lonely, scared, and hurting.  That was all."

After Ever starts right where Forever and Always left off.  Cade wakes up in the hospital not knowing the outcome of the accident.  He is frantic to see Ever and make sure that she is still alive.  Cade struggles through his own rehab after the accident but can't get past that it is his fault that Ever is in a coma and might never wake up.  The love of his life is lying helpless and he is the cause of it.

"There are moments in life when you know, irrevocably, that you've given in, come undone.  That you've slipped, lost your balance, and fallen over a cliff's edge, that there's no climbing back up, there's no slowing the fall.  You never forget those moments.  They get burned into the fabric of your soul, imprinted on you, tattooed on your consciousness.  Kissing Eden Eliot was that moment in my life.  It was giving in."

After Ever doesn't just put you on a roller coaster, it drags you through the whole park!  My heart hurt for what Cade and Eden had to go through during Ever's situation. I could feel the magnetic pull between the two and could see how they bonded over the tragedy.  Then there is her twin sister, Eden, so much like Ever, but not her.  The inner struggle that both of them had over their feelings for each other was poignant and relatable.  The right or wrong of their relationship was definitely a discussion I had in my head more than once during the book.  I don't know if I can make it through the last book, but try I will!!!




Jasinda Wilder is a Michigan native with a penchant for titillating tales about sexy men and strong women. When she's not writing, she's probably shopping, baking, or reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment