Sunday, February 2, 2014

Review of My Sweetest Escape by Chelsea Cameron


MY SWEETEST ESCAPE 
Chelsea Cameron
Series: My Favorite Mistake Book 2
Reviewer: Nicole
Rating: 4.5 Stars
 

Buy Links:
Amazon:  http://amzn.to/LfFN6j
B&N:  http://bit.ly/1e2zWgS
Kobo:  http://bit.ly/1esy387 



The past will always find you.

Jos Archer was the girl with the perfect life; until the night it all came crashing down around her. Now, nine months later, she still hasn't begun to pick up the pieces. Even transferring to a new college and living under the watchful eye of her older sister, Renee, isn't enough to help her feel normal again.

And then she meets Dusty Sharp. For reasons Jos can't begin to fathom, the newly reformed campus bad boy seems determined to draw her out of her shell. And if she's not careful, his knowing green eyes and wicked smile will make her feel things she's no longer sure she deserves.

But even as Dusty coaxes Jos to open up about the past, he's hiding secrets of his own. Secrets about the night her old life fell apart. When the truth is finally revealed, will it bring them closer together;or tear them apart for good?



I'm such a huge fan of my Favorite Mistake, so I was a little worried My Sweetest Mistake wouldn't live up to my expectations but I had nothing to worry about. I LOvED this book and I love how Chelsea Cameron writes. I have read all of her books and am a huge fan. I loved that we got a whole new couple in this book, but we got to have glimpses at all of of other favorite characters too. This book is Jos and Dusty's story.

Jos is Renee's younger sister. She used to seem like the perfect girl focused on school and on looking and acting proper. However one person and one accident change it all. She goes through a period where She makes some bad choices and is forced to move in with her sister in Yellowfield House. She refuses to tell anyone what happened that caused her to change. 

Dusty used to be into drugs and alcohol but an accident also alters his whole world and causes him to change his ways. I loved Dusty he is sweet and fun. I wish we could have gotten to know him a little more and even had his POV for some of the scenes. I would have loved to get in his head.

There is an instant attraction between Jos and Dusty but both don't act upon it at first. They both fight being together because of their issues with themselves and believing they are good enough for the enough, when in fact they are perfect for each other. There is a lot that stands in the way of them finding their HEA.

I think the only issue I had with this book was that Dusty and Jos relationship was really slow building. We finally got a little taste of them together towards the end. I would have liked to have experienced more of them together. My absolute favorite character in the book was Hannah, Jos' friend. I loved her. She had been through so much but was strong and had a positive attitude. Some of the things that came out of her mouth had me laughing like crazy. 

Overall I really enjoyed this book and I can't wait to read what the author comes out with next. I would definetly recommend this book. You do not need to read the first book in the series to read this book, but I would recommend to so you get some of the other characters background but it is not necessary.






Chelsea M. Cameron is a YA/NA New York Times/USA Today Best Selling author from Maine. Lover of things random and ridiculous, Jane Austen/Charlotte and Emily Bronte Fangirl, red velvet cake enthusiast, obsessive tea drinker, vegetarian, former cheerleader and world's worst video gamer. When not writing, she enjoys watching infomercials, singing in the car and tweeting (this one time, she was tweeted by Neil Gaiman). She has a degree in journalism from the University of Maine, Orono that she promptly abandoned to write about the people in her own head. More often than not, these people turn out to be just as weird as she is.

Her New Adult Contemporary Romance titles include My Favorite Mistake, which has been bought by Harlequin along with a sequel, Deeper We Fall and Faster We Burn (April 20, 2013)

Her Young Adult books include Nocturnal, Nightmare and Neither, the first three books in The Noctalis Chronicles. The fourth and final book, Neverend will be out in 2013. Whisper, the first in The Whisper Trilogy is also available, with the second book in the series, Silence and the final book, LIsten coming out in 2014.



No comments:

Post a Comment