Friday, January 17, 2014

Promo Event for Naked Edge by Charli Webb


New Adult Contemporary Romance



The first time Skylar and Rowdy give themselves to each other completely--heart, mind, body and soul--is also the night Skylar disappears without a trace. Rowdy promised to love her forever. But forever is a long time when you’re only After years of waiting, Rowdy gives up on Skylar and tries to purge her from his memory with cheap tequila and one night stands.When Skylar finally returns, Rowdy is no longer the shy, sweet boy she fell in love with. He’s bitter, angry and determined to protect what remains of his shattered heart. She’s determined to reclaim it, but first she has to put it back together.Set in the eclectic town of Eldorado Springs, Colorado and Eldorado CanyonState Park, a rock climber’s paradise, “Naked Edge” is a new adult contemporary romance about perseverance, second chances and the healing power of love.


I’ve gotten girls off with nothing but my hand before. I’ve heard them scream my name as I pound into them. I’ve even had a few simultaneous orgasms, but nothing I’ve ever experienced in my entire life can compare with watching Skylar come for the first time.

I feel a little guilty for being so demanding with her, but I knew she was close. And I wanted her to see my face as she came. I want her to remember this moment for the rest of her life. And I want to be there every time she comes. 

She looks at me with such wonder it steals my breath. “Oh my god. So that’s what all the fuss is about.”

I kiss her forehead then slide my hand to her stomach.

Her eyes sparkle. “That was… just… wow.”

I smile at her. “I’m glad you enjoyed it.”

She rolls onto her side and drapes a leg over me. Her thigh rubs against my throbbing cock.

I bite back a groan and grab her knee. “Easy, there.”

She runs her hand over my abs, back and forth, drifting lower each time.

My dick gets even harder. I can tell that Skylar felt it by the way her eyes widen.

She slides her leg out of the way and places her hand over my zipper.

It takes every bit of self-control I have to keep from thrusting against her palm. I grab her wrist. “Don’t.”

She blinks then frowns at me.

I weave my fingers through hers then press her hand over my heart. “You’re still on a post-orgasmic high. I don’t want you to do anything you’ll regret once you come down.”

“Like you already pointed out, I’m not a virgin.”

“That’s not a recent development. You weren’t ready for sex an hour ago.”

“I didn’t know what I was missing an hour ago.” She sits up and straddles my thighs. Her shirt and bra hang open and loose from her shoulders, but still cover her breasts.

I lace my fingers behind my head to keep my hands off her.

“At least let me do for you what you just did for me.” She unbuttons my jeans.

I lift my shoulders off the bed and reach for her wayward hands. “You don’t owe me anything.”

“I let you touch me, so you have to let me touch you. It’s only fair.”

My heart’s trying to jump out of my fucking chest. “I don’t want to be unfair.”

Her nostrils flare as she bites her lip. She drops her gaze to my fly and unzips my jeans.

I lie back on the pillow, but keep my head lifted so I can watch her face.

She slips her fingers under the waistband of my boxer briefs then lifts them away from my body and peeks inside. Her lips part as her eyes widen. She blinks rapidly. “Oh, my.”

My abs contract as I try to keep from laughing. “Bigger than you remember?”

“This is the first time I’ve seen a real penis.”

There’s no way I can keep from laughing out loud at that. “As opposed to what? A fake one?”

“It was always dark when we made out.”

“What about Evan?”

She sits back and folds her arms over her chest. “His name’s Ethan.”

I want to kick my own ass for bringing up her ex, but it’s too late to take it back.

“I never saw his either.” Her gaze drops back to my cock. The tip is poking out of my waistband. “I didn’t want to.”

“Are you sure you want to do this?”

She bites her lip again and nods.

I lift my hips and slide my jeans and boxer briefs down past my ass.

Skylar tugs the front down and gasps when my cock springs free. “Was it that big last time?”

“I wasn’t quite eighteen, so probably not.”

She scoots off the bed and pulls my pants the rest of the way down my legs. She frowns when they get caught around the tops of my running shoes. I don’t exactly need to take my shoes off for a hand job, but if Skylar wants me naked, then by god I’m getting naked. I use my toes to push my shoes off my heels then kick out of my jeans.

Skylar crawls back onto the bed and straddles my thighs.

I twist to the side and pull a condom out of my bedside drawer.

Her eyes widen again.

“It’s just to contain the mess.”

Her chest rises and falls as she sighs with obvious relief. But then she frowns.

My heart sinks as I realize she’s changed her mind.

“I don’t want to contain the mess. I want to watch.”



 INTERVIEW WITH CHARLI WEBB

Q: Do you have a routine that you use to get into the right frame of mind to write?

Charli: Usually I just get up, walk across the hall to my office and start writing. Sometimes I’ll eat breakfast first, but Naked Edge kept me so excited that it negatively impacted my personal hygiene, diet and exercise routine. My husband often came home to a dark house, no evidence of supper and me still If I need inspiration, I listen to music. I also write lyrics. Distilling a story into a few stanzas can help me focus on what’s essential.

Q: Where did you get the idea or inspiration for NAKED EDGE?

Charli: I wasn’t inspired to write Naked Edge. I was forced. ;-)Rowdy made his first appearance in my head while I was working on River’s Remorse, the overdue, second book of my current YA paranormal romance series. I tried to ignore the hot wilderness EMT with washboard abs, hiding a broken heart behind a bad attitude, and the sexy, stubborn, adrenaline junkie rock climber that refuses to give up on him. I had a deadline to meet. But Rowdy and Skylar refused to let me work. I tried to bribe them with promises of writing their story as soon as I finished River’s Remorse. They not-so-politely declined. I threatened to never write their story at all if they didn't shut the hell up. They responded by kidnapping my muse. As the deadline for River’s Remorse drew near, I started having panic attacks. After lots of soul searching and tearful phone calls with my editor, we decided the best way to finish River’s Remorse was to put it aside temporarily and write the story that wants to be written. So that's what I did. The first draft of Naked Edge only took three months. Skylar and Rowdy forced me to write their story, but I was inspired to set it in Eldorado Canyon. Climbers from all over the world come to “Eldo” to tackle its unique and challenging routes but it’s literally ten minutes from my front door. I can’t imagine a better setting for a wilderness EMT and an adrenaline junkie.“The Naked Edge” is one of the most famous climbing routes in the park. It also makes a great title for a contemporary romance novel ;-)

Q: What was your favorite part writing this novel?

Charli: I loved writing all of Rowdy’s POV scenes. You’d think writing from a female perspective would be easier for a woman, but I always fall in love with my I had the most fun writing the lyrics for “Where You Are,” the song that Rowdy sings to Skylar in his bedroom. The lyrics aren’t even in the book, but I hired a musician to write the music and perform it. I cried the first time I heard it. The song will be available on iTunes soon, but it’s on YouTube right now. Check it out
Q: What was the most difficult part writing this novel?

Charli: The climbing scenes. I’m not a rock climber so I had to do a lot of research to figure out how to stage the action. I enjoy research, but it definitely impacts

Q: What do you like to do when you are not writing?

Charli: I love to hang out and hike in Eldorado Canyon, explore local bike trails and

Q: Any future writing news you would like to share?

Charli: I have to finish River’s Remorse but the next Rocky Mountain Romance book is begging to be written. I’m not sure which couple I’ll focus on, but a large part of the story will be set in a tropical rain forest when Rowdy, Skylar and the gang travel to Costa Rica for spring break.








● (1) Signed Paperback of Naked Edge, (1) Swag Pack with CD of original songs from the book - US
● (1) Signed Paperback of Naked Edge and (1) carabiner (item theme from the book) - US
● (5) eBook copies of Naked Edge - International




11 comments:

  1. “I don’t want to contain the mess. I want to watch.” HOLY HELL!! Just went on my TBR list! Thanks for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Skylar might be a little naive, but she's adventurous! ;-)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hi Dimaris (love your name!) Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the amazing giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Nicole and Rebecca, for hosting "Naked Edge" (and me) on your lovely blog! Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome! Loved the excerpt and added the book to our TBR list!

      Delete