Friday, January 31, 2014

Review for Forever and Always by Jasinda Wilder

Title: Forever and Alway (Ever Trilogy #1)
Author: Jasinda Wilder
Reviewer: Rebecca
Rating: 4 Star Groupie Rating





Ever,

These letters are often all that get me through week to week. Even if it’s just random stuff, nothing important, they’re important to me. Gramps is great, and I love working on the ranch. But…I’m lonely. I feel disconnected, like I’m no one, like I don’t belong anywhere. Like I’m just here until something else happens. I don’t even know what I want with my future. But your letters, they make me feel connected to something, to someone. I had a crush on you, when we first met. I thought you were beautiful. So beautiful. It was hard to think of anything else. Then camp ended and we never got together, and now all I have of you is these letters. S**t. I just told you I have a crush on you. HAD. Had a crush. Not sure what is anymore. A letter-crush? A literary love? That’s stupid. Sorry. I just have this rule with myself that I never throw away what I write and I always send it, so hopefully this doesn’t weird you out too much. I had a dream about you too. Same kind of thing. Us, in the darkness, together. Just us. And it was like you said, a memory turned into a dream, but a memory of something that’s never happened, but in the dream it felt so real, and it was more, I don’t even know, more RIGHT than anything I’ve ever felt, in life or in dreams. I wonder what it means that we both had the same dream about each other. Maybe nothing, maybe everything. You tell me.

Cade
~ ~ ~ ~

Cade,

We’re pen pals. Maybe that’s all we’ll ever be. I don’t know. If we met IRL (in real life, in case you’re not familiar with the term) what would happen? And just FYI, the term you used, a literary love? It was beautiful. So beautiful. That term means something, between us now. We are literary loves. Lovers? I do love you, in some strange way. Knowing about you, in these letters, knowing your hurt and your joys, it means something so important to me, that I just can’t describe. I need your art, and your letters, and your literary love. If we never have anything else between us, I need this. I do. Maybe this letter will only complicate things, but like you I have a rule that I never erase or throw away what I’ve written and I always send it, no matter what I write in the letter. 

Your literary love,

Ever



"I couldn't help sneaking a second look at him.  He wasn't like any boy I'd ever seen before."

Ever has been dealt an uneven hand in her life.  Sure her father is wealthy, but after losing her mother in a tragic accident, he has mentally tapped out of life.  Ever decided to go to an art camp to get away from her sad life for awhile before she starts high school.  She didn't know that meeting someone there would change her life forever in ways she never thought possible.  

"For the first time in a long time, my mind was occupied with something other then painting."
"I felt like she had the power of reducing me to a mouth-breathing caveman."

Cade is your average every day boy about to enter high school.  Except he has a talent at drawing.  Not exactly what his ranch living grandpa agree with but Cade doesn't let that get to him.  He knows that something is going on at home between his parents and is so sure they are going to get a divorce before summer is over, so Cade decides to go to an art camp that he was been wanting to go to to get away.  Never thinking that he would meet the one person he could never forget about, no matter how much distance is between them.

"She's..someone I met a long time ago, and she's..important."

This is the story that spans the high school life of two teenagers that met only once and formed an unbreakable bond.  There is heartache, loss, love, lost virginities, let's not forget...letters.  Ever and Cade will draw you in and make you miss those letters you used to write to "pen pals" back in the day when writing letters was cool.  I found myself looking forward to reading the next letter from each other and finding out how they were doing. The emotions that sometimes where contained in the letters was so raw, that you could feel them reaching out for each other across the miles, especially when tragedy struck.  Ever and Cade relied on each other like no two pen pals ever have and a strong bond formed between them.  A bond that created walls in their personal lives without even realizing it.  When they finally meet again, it amazing, more than amazing, it was like a puzzle had just been finished!!  I have to stop writing now so I can read the next book!  Can't wait any longer!!

"Everything inside me, every molecule of my body was on fire as I closed the space between us, instinct and need taking me over and operating me, moving my legs and causing my arms to lift.  I was kissing her, kissing her, god, kissing her."



Jasinda Wilder is a Michigan native with a penchant for titillating tales about sexy men and strong women. When she's not writing, she's probably shopping, baking, or reading.



No comments:

Post a Comment