Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Review of In Flight by R.K. Lilley

TITLE: IN FLIGHT
AUTHOR: R.K. Lilley
RATING: 5
REVIEWER: LORENA





When reserved flight attendant Bianca gets one look at billionaire hotel owner James Cavendish, she loses all of her hard-won composure. For a girl who can easily juggle a tray of champagne flutes at 35,000 feet in three inch heels, she finds herself shockingly weak-kneed from their first encounter. The normally unruffled Bianca can't seem to look away from his electrifying turquoise gaze. They hold a challenge, and a promise, that she finds impossible to resist, and she is a girl who is used to saying no and meaning it.

Bianca is accustomed to dealing with supermodels and movie stars in her job as a first class flight attendant, but James Cavendish puts them all to shame in the looks department. If only it were just his looks that she found so irresistible about the intimidating man, Bianca could have ignored his attentions. But what tempts her like never before is the dominant pull he seems to have over her from the moment they meet, and the promise of pleasure, and pain, that she reads in his eyes.


 I LOVED this freaking book! So much Intensity, drama, and some much needed HOTNESS!

The characters captivated me from the moment I started reading this book, I was so enthralled in it that it took me less than two days to finish it.  I just got so captivated in the story of Bianca and James.  

Bianca has a shady and dark past and has been trying to escape from it.  She is a 23 year old virgin who no man has captivated her enough for her to give up her virginity, that is.....until James walks into her life.  James will do whatever he can to get this woman, he is so captivated with her and will do whatever it takes for her to accept him.

James has a pretty shady past himself and he is very guarded.  He hasn't felt for any woman what he's feeling for Bianca.  He wants to dominate her and Bianca apparently feels the same and wants to be dominated.  She has never been with a man but something about the BDSM seems to catch her attention and she wants to experience it with James.  

She is also a pretty strong heroine in this book and I love the fact that she doesn't put up with James' crap and she will put him in his place.

James was intriguing and sexy, and a typical alpha male, but he will bend for Bianca, something about her just intrigues him. He is charming, domineering, and yet vulnerable and insecure.

The relationship between Bianca and James took in effect very quickly but I love that in a book, I hate it when it drags and you're already at like 25% into the book and nothing is happening yet.  I like my books to start out interesting otherwise I lose interest right away and I don't want to continue reading it.  

As the story unfolded, I just couldn't seem to put the book down.  They both had some pretty awful pasts and James opened up to Bianca and told her what happened to him when he was a young boy.  As much as Bianca wanted to open up to James and tell him about her past, she just couldn't find herself to do it, but when he opens up to her, she finally decides to open up to him as well.

I really loved Bianca's best friend, Stephan, he is the best friend anyone in this world would kill for.  He goes through great lengths for Bianca and protects her like if she were his sister. They both have had it rough growing up, but they've managed to stick with each other and take care of each other.

I have to say that the sex was freakin' HOT, steamy and demanding.  Holy hotness! James Cavendish makes me drool!!!

I'm really looking forward to reading book two, Mile High and book three, Grounded, and I am planning devouring them soon because I just can't get enough of Bianca and James.  I am looking forward to all the drama, intensity, and even sadness the rest of the series has coming for me. This is one of my best reads by far!!

This is definitely a 5 star book for me and I hope the rest of the series will keep me "grounded" because I freakin' love this story between James and Bianca. 



R.K. Lilley has been a writer since she can remember, but has held down some interesting jobs to pay the bills. For several years she was a first class flight attendant, and she always swore that she just had to write a book about it. Mixing her love of romance and all things BDSM, the Up In the Air Trilogy is her debut into the world of contempary romance and erotica. She is currently working on the final installment in the series.
You can contact R.K. at Authorrklilley@gmail.com
Visit her Facebook page to keep up-to-date on what she's working on.

R.K. also writes urban fantasy under the pseudonym: Rebecca K. Lilley



No comments:

Post a Comment