Sunday, March 16, 2014

Review of Rock Bottom Book Two: Tristan and Danika by R.K. Lilley

Title: Rock Bottom
 (Book Two of Tristan and Danika)
Author: R.K. Lilley
Reviewer: Rebecca
Rating:  4 Groupie Rating




Their love had the power of a runaway freight train, and the potential to be just as destructive.  The tempestuous sequel to Bad Things picks up where the first book left off.  Reeling from a profound loss, Tristan and Danika struggle to pick up the pieces and build a life together, but the hard habits of a lifetime are not so easy to escape.
Rock Bottom takes us on a dual point of view journey through addiction and desire, through love and agony, and answers the question we've been asking since these characters were introduced in Grounded: "What happened between Tristan and Danika?"


DANIKA
Even love couldn't cushion a fall like ours.  My love for Tristan was so big that I felt consumed by it, and even so, it was not enough to overpower our combined demons.
I struggled.  I yelled and screamed.  I scratched and kicked.
I fought like hell, but even the most determined fighters have to stop before they break. 
No one could say I didn't fight for him.
"I love you," I spoke softly into his ear.
He gripped me harder. "I can't ever lose you, Danika.  I'm not sure I'd survive it."
"You've got me. And I'm not going anywhere. Not ever."
I meant the words when I said them, but life had other plans for us.
I'd have given my life for that fight.  In fact, I very nearly did.

TRISTAN
She was the one.
If I'd ever had a doubt.  I didn't now.  She was the one I'd be thinking about, longing for, until I took my last breath.  If I lost her tomorrow, I'd pine for her like a lovesick fool.
This was the kind of love that only hit you once in your life.



OH MY GOD!!  I loved this book!  I love Tristan and Danika so much more than the Up in the Air characters!  They are raw and real, and can make you feel every kind of emotion from good to bad all in one page!!!  Their relationship is soooo dysfunctional but the draw they have for each other is INTENSE!!!  My heart hurt for both of them and I even thought sometimes that maybe it would be best for them to just walk away and then I thought, WAIT, WHAT, they HAVE to be together!!  I couldn't put this book down and I can't wait for Lovely Trigger.  



R.K. Lilley has been a writer since she can remember, but has held down some interesting jobs to pay the bills.  For several years she was a first class flight attendant, and she always swore that she just had to write a book about it.  Mixing her love of romance and all things BDSM, the Up in the Air Trilogy is her debut into the world of contemporary and erotica.  She is currently working on the final installment in the series.



No comments:

Post a Comment