Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Review for Apartment 2B by K Webster






Sidney has a rough life. Her mom is incredibly abusive both mentally and physically. One day, she’s awarded the escape she’s always wanted and thrust into a world she barely understands. Each day is a struggle to feel human and not terrified of everything around her.

Sidney has rules. Routines. Structure. It’s the only way she can cope.

When a handsome, yet mysterious stranger inserts himself into her life, Sidney begins to come apart at the seams. She’s having trouble sticking to her habits and it’s threatening to shred any hope of a normal life to pieces. 
Will this stranger help her in ways no other person can, or will things get worse for her? 

He comes with his own set of problems and secrets he’s unwilling to share. Will they work together through the mess of their pasts or will they get caught up enabling each other? Will their toxic relationship ultimately be destined for demise?



Reviewer: Lorena
Rating: 5 Groupie Stars


WOW, can I just say that I haven't read a novel that has emotionally touched me like this one has. It literally had me in tears and it just felt so real, everything that was happening to poor Sidney, it was just devastating. Can I say that I devoured this book in a few hours. I even stayed up after hours to finish it because it was so damn good. I'm going to pay the price in getting up early but it was well worth it :)

Sidney has lived a horrible life. Her father left her mother when she was only 10 years old and her mother fell into a depression and would beat Sidney whenever she got angry. Sidney was tormented and lived in fear of her mother for 11 years. When her mother had a heart attack and died, Sidney was sad but relieved at the same time. She hated her mother for what she put her through. She has never had a normal life and she craves that, but doesn't know if she can with her being so damaged and afraid. She gets really clingy too once she gets to know someone, she doesn't want to let go.

Sidney has to move on and she finds a job taking care of an old lady and in return she gets free housing. She moves to Apartment 2B and I get the creeps and the chills for what she goes through living in this apartment. But you won't figure that out right away, that will come later in the story as to why it gives you the chills.

Sidney meets Liam, her neighbor. He seems to be quite a loner just like her and he seems to always want to be around her. The weird thing is that he never touches her or tries to touch her. Sidney can't have anyone touch her because she feels like she gets contaminated or something and always runs to take a shower. Liam understands how she feels and has been a perfect gentleman with her. One day she finds out that he's leaving her and she is devastated and can't understand why he leaves.

After a few days, Liam's twin brother Lane shows up and somehow he gets suckered into falling for Sidney as well. For some reason she couldn't fanthom Liam touching her, yet she freely let's Lane touch her and she becomes intimate with him. She grow close but he starts telling her that she's crazy and needs help and he hurts her feelings for saying that. Can Sidney move on and forget her past, can she forget Liam and love Lane as much as she loved Liam?

The things that happen in this book really gave me the chills. You feel all kinds of emotions when reading this book and it will sucker you in from the beginning. It had me sad and emotional but in the end I was overjoyed for them. Everything worked out for all of them.

K. Webster amazes me every time with her books. I love them all and this is one book you don't want to miss out on reading. I loved it and I know you will too! I'm looking forward to the next read!!
 




I’m a thirty-two-year-old self-proclaimed book nerd. Married for nearly eleven years, my husband and I enjoy spending time with our two lovely children. Writing is a newly acquired fun hobby for me. In the past, I’ve enjoyed the role as a reader. However, recently, I learned that I absolutely love taking on the creative role as the writer. Something about determining how the story will play out intrigues me to no end. My husband claims that it’s because I like to control things—in a way, he’s right! 
By day, I run around from appointment to appointment, wearing many hats including, mom, wife, part-time graphic designer, blogger, networker, social media stalker, student, business owner, and book boyfriend hunter. (It’s actually a thing—complete with pink camo. I lurk around the internet, “researching” pictures of hot guys who fit the profile of whatever book boyfriend I’m reading or writing about) 
I guess you can blame my obsession with books on my lovely grandmother, who is quite possibly my favorite person on the planet. At an early age, she took me to the half-priced bookstore each weekend and allowed me to choose a book. Every single time, she caved when I begged for two. Without her encouragement, I wouldn’t have been able to cope during some hard times without my beloved books. 
Currently, I am finishing up my college degree that has taken me forever to complete. It’s just on the list of my many “bucket-list” goals that I subject myself to.
Most days, you can find me firmly planted in front of my computer. It’s my life. If the world ever loses power, I’d be one of the first to die—of boredom! But I guess as long as I have books and a light, I might just survive. 
Looking forward, you can expect to see two more novels in the Breaking the Rules Series. I’m nearly finished with the third. Also, I have a standalone novel that will be released soon as well. 
This writing experience has been a blast, and I’ve met some really fabulous people along the way. I hope my readers enjoy reading my stories as much as I do writing them. I look forward to connecting with you all!




No comments:

Post a Comment