Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Review of Resolution by Lesley Jones


Title: Resolution (Saviour Series)
Author: Lesley Jones
Rating: 4 Groupie Stars








Resolution picks up exactly where Saviour left us all hanging! Having left an abusive marriage at 45, Lauren can hardly believe that she has found Gabe, a 35 year old blonde buff sex god, their instant chemistry has convinced him that that he wants to change his serial shagging ways and to make what they have found permanent, he knows that he loves Lauren but relationships are a whole new concept to him and he doesn't always get it right.
Lauren, still reeling from the abuse she has suffered at the hands of her ex husband is not convinced that jumping straight into another marriage is the right thing for her, despite how much she loves Gabe, the sex is amazing, they have no problems there, with Gabe she is growing in confidence and trying things in the bedroom (and every where else) that she never even considered during her marriage but they have known each other for just 10 short weeks and already they have been through enough drama to last a lifetime. Lauren has once again been beaten and humiliated by her soon to be ex-Husband, Gabe has revealed he was sexually abused by his Step-Mother as a teenager, and Gabe’s ex is threatening to stop him seeing his daughter.
Will Lauren listen to taunts from jealous exes and her own self doubt; or will the love (and lust) Lauren has found in Gabe’s arms be enough for her to let go of her painful past to build a future with Gabe. Resolution is the conclusion of Gabe and Laurens story, it will take you on a roller coaster of emotions, with some steamy and erotic sex scenes, just to keep your pulse racing, like Saviour, some scenes are gut wrenching, it will have you laughing, crying and wanting to not only hug Gabe and Lauren but also wanting to shake some sense into them. Buckle up and enjoy the ride.





"In that moment the only word that comes to mind is, magical, it makes me want to giggle but that's the word that's stuck in my head and I can't get rid of it and it describes how he appears to me perfectly, he's everything I could ever wish for and some."

What a heart pounding, jaw dropping, tear filled book!  And the SEX!!  Let's not forget about all the hot, orgasmic, fireworks sex!! Gabe and Lauren's love story was anything but easy, but you could feel from the first page of this book, how much they both loved each other.  This book is about 4 heart pounding roller coasters all rolled up into one!!

"He has a beautiful heart, the face of an angel, he loves me, he wants me to love and take care of me forever."


Resolutions begins with Lauren and Gabe trying to form a good relationship despite all their past histories and Lauren's soon to be ex husband.  Gabe is ready to rush into a serious relationship with Lauren but she has several reservations because of her ex husband and what she went thru with him.  Then there is Gabe's crazy ex-wife to contend with.  Gabe has never had a serious relationship and finds it hard at first to come to terms with his feelings and how to direct them in a positive way.

"I didn't know.  I love you so much but I didn't know it would hurt like this, I don't know what to say, what to do, I don't know what to do with all this stuff.  It's all in my head and in my chest, and all in my belly Lauren, I don't know where to put it all?"

But when an unspeakable tragedy occurs, it makes both Lauren and Gabe look more deeply into what they have and decide if their love can last and if they can live without each other if not.
There is so much that happens in this book that I don't even know where to start without giving the whole book away!  Can Gabe prove to Lauren that age doesn't matter when you love someone and can Lauren get over her past and realize that Gabe wants a forever with her?

"This is real life, where hearts break and can't be fixed by a single kiss, people lie and cheat; they let you down and despite swearing to never do so."

There is tragedy, love, deception, jealousy, insecurities, hope, everything that you want and need in a book! A must read for everyone!!

"I've promised Lauren on more than one occasion now, that I would protect her, keep her safe and once again, I've failed to keep my promise."
"You are my other half, without you I just exist, I need you to make me more, to make me a better person."



I am a born and raised Essex girl now living on the beautiful Mornington Peninsula, just outside of Melbourne Australia, I moved here with my husband and three sons in 2006. Not only do I love to write but I also love to read and can devour a book overnight if the story grabs me.
I love watching my sons play football and am very partial to a glass of wine, a nicely chilled Marlborough Sav Blanc being my favorite.



FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/saviour.lesleyjones

No comments:

Post a Comment