Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Review of Consequences of Deception by Ella Fox


Title: Consequences of Deception
Author: Ella Fox
Reviewer: Rebecca
Rating: 5 Groupie Star Rating


Buy





Once upon a time, girl met boy and a love story began.

Their future was assured until tragedy struck and deceptions were made.

There are consequences to every action, and the Consequences of Deception are always the most punishing.

Sloane Evans lost nearly everyone that she’s ever loved, but losing Killian Brandt left a scar that never healed.

Four and a half years after turning his back on her, Killian steps back into Sloane’s life in the most shocking of ways, giving her no choice but to abandon her life and go with him.

Why would a man buy a woman that he hates?

Not everything is as it appears.

Love is beautiful, revenge is ugly, and lies destroy lives.

Prepare to discover the Consequences of Deception.



"I was being a bad girl and I knew it, but I didn't care because the need to be with him was so all-consuming that it hurt."

Killian you are such a dick!!!  Ok I am done with my rant..for now...This by far is the best book I have read this year!  I don't give out many 5 star reviews, I am very picky and the book really has to appeal to me in every aspect, draw me in, keep me there, and want me coming back for more.  THIS book did absolutely that!! Killian and Sloane story is so unique that you will have to keep turning the page to find out what could possibly happen next.  So without further ado, let me give you a glimpse into their amazing story.

"Damn my stupid heart, I am still as head-over-heels in love with him as I was back before everything went to hell."

Sloane has been in love with Killian since she was fourteen years old.  She swore to herself that he would be her one and only as soon as she turned 18.  Then life intervened and Killian ended up hating her for something she had no control over.  Four and half years later and her life has only gotten worse, but she only has to wait ten more days until her twenty-second birthday and her life will finally be her's again.  But she never thought that Killian would come back into her life and mess all her dreams up....again.

I'm not kicking you out, Sloane.  I'm buying you."

Killian had once thought Sloane was the perfect girl.  Even though she was younger than him, he knew he would have her one day.  Then tragedy struck and took away his last remaining family member.  He turned his back on Sloane and swore he would never forgive her, much less help her with anything.  Then it became clear that if he didn't, things wouldn't go well for Sloane.  But did he care anymore?

"I'm laughing because you're still trying to get your pound of flesh when you've already won.  I'm already broken and now you're just pissing in the wind.  Take whatever you want, do whatever you want.  Hurt me, fuck me, punish me..it doesn't matter.  When you've gotten your fill, do what you've wanted to do all along and kill me."

The dirty talk in this book was so hot!  The way Killian spoke to Sloane made my own legs squeeze together and look around for my own dirty talker.  I hated Killian for more of the book than I loved him but once his motives became clear, I had a change of heart, well maybe it took me a few chapters, but I came around!  This story was so unlike anything I have read in a long time!  A perfect balance between angst, love, hot sex, and the knowledge of what people will do to each other even when they care for them deeply.  I was shocked and awed at the wealth of emotions that were in this book and how it all played out.  What a great read!!!!!

"Call me sappy, call me foolish, call me an idiot--I don't care anymore.  I want a second chance with him, if he's willing to try."

Excerpt:


A horrifying suspicion takes root in my head and a wave of dizziness sweeps through me as I realize that there is only one possible reason that he is here.  The only explanation that makes sense is that he wants to be the one to throw me out into the street.  Somehow he’s in control of Stephen and Celine’s house, and I just bet he’d done whatever he had to do to get himself into this position.  Four and half years he’d been waiting for a shot at me, and now he has it.
           “You’re… throwing me out?”  I try, damn hard, to keep from breaking down.  The tears I keep at bay, but there is a definite warbling of my voice as I ask the question.
Immediately I am angry with myself for showing such weakness and I decide to take the bull by the horns.  I am not about to give Killian Brandt, of all people, the pleasure of seeing me break, even though I have to admit to myself that I am definitely breaking.  I plow on before he can answer my ridiculous question.
“What am I saying?  Of course you’re throwing me out!  I’m sure this has to be one of the best moments of your miserable life, you selfish son-of-a-bitch.  You want me out? Consider me gone!”
           I jump to my feet to go call Demi, only to come to a dead halt when Killian thunders out a command.   “Sit your ass down,now.”
           I am so shocked by the force behind his words that I immediately drop back onto the couch.  I don’t actually fear Killian, but my response to his tone of voice is instantaneous.
           For one moment, I allow myself to hope that maybe Killian isn’t here to ruin my life.  Maybe, just maybe, he isn’t as bad as I think he was.
“I’m not kicking you out, Sloane.  I’m buying you.”
Whatever I thought before?  It was all too generous.  Killian just turned my life upside down with nine life-changing words.
It hangs out there between us as I gape at him while I try to formulate a response.  “Buying me…? This proves that you’re insane!  I’m not a commodity.             What exactly can I do for you, Killian?  Be your maid?”
           The look he gives me is a lot like a warning and instinctively I know that whatever he says next isn’t going to be good.
           “No, you’re going to be my lover.”



I'm a thirty-something author who self-published for the very first time in 2012.
I love to read. Always have, always will. My favorite genre is romance, but I also enjoy thrillers, mysteries, some sci-fi, rock n' roll biographies and autobiographies.
I'm obsessed with music. OBSESSED. I'm very partial to rock music, but I also enjoy rap, country, classical, oldies and pop. I could go on "Don't Forget The Lyrics" and clean up! My two favorite bands of all time are Fleetwood Mac & The Foo Fighters, followed VERY closely by Social Distortion, Alice in Chains, Jerry Cantrell, The Eagles, Blondie, Heart, Tori Amos, Pearl Jam, U2, The Cure, Garbage, The Goo Goo Dolls, Duran Duran, The Beastie Boys, Depeche Mode, Elton John, The Misfits and Metallica. Clearly, I've got eclectic taste. If you got a look at my iTunes library you would die laughing. I live for the GREASE soundtrack and can sing the hell out of any Guns n' Roses song.
I'm a total practical joker. I love to laugh. My favorite TV shows and movies tend to be comedies but I absolutely love Twin Peaks, Lost and Dark Shadows. I have a soft spot for eighties music. If I could hang out with any celebrity for one day, I'd choose Dave Grohl from The Foo Fighters. My celebrity crush is (currently) Ian Sommerhalder. I think he's adorable.



Giveaway



Tour Organized by SMI Promotions.com http://smipromotions.weebly.com/

 

No comments:

Post a Comment