Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Review of Bad Things by R.K Lilley

Bad Things
Author: R. K. Lilley
Rating: 4 Groupie Stars

17377032

I had the strangest shiver of premonition rock my body the first time I heard Tristan's voice.

Synopsis
Danika hasn't had an easy life.  Being insanely attracted to bad boys has never helped make it easier.  One look at Tristan, and every brain cell she possessed went up in smoke.  This man was trouble with a capital T.  It was a given. She knew better.  Bad boys were bad.  Especially for her.  Considering her history, it was crazy to think otherwise.  So why did crazy have to feel so damn fine?

For as long as she could remember , Danika had been focused on the future with single-minded purpose.  Tristan came along and taught her everything there was to know about letting go, and living in the present.  She fell, hard and deep.  Of course, that only made her impact with the ground that much more devastating.

Bad things is about Tristan and Danika, and their train wreck of a love story.  This series can be read as a standalone, or with the Up in the Air series.

"I like doing nice things for you.  I like spoiling you.  I like doing anything at all for you, as long as it makes  you smile."~Tristan

My Review
James Cavendish, you have been thoroughly replaced!!!  Tristan has definitely taken over with his smoldering looks, wicked tongue, and magic hands!!!  Danika is a 21-year old, live-in nanny for an aspiring band manager and his lawyer ex-wife.  Tristan is in a rock band and a club promoter, or as Danika sees it, unemployed.  There is instant awareness between Danika and Tristan and it is HOT!!  Tristan feels that Danika is too young for him and only does one night stands and Danika just got out of a relationship and doesn't do one night stands.  Recipe for disaster, of course!!  So they decide to just be friends and come up with the Don't list to set some much needed boundaries.

The Friends Don't List
(because I like you too much to sleep with you)
1. No sex, no making out, no kissing
2. No getting jealous or complaining about who the other one is dating or hooking up with
3. We can hang out whenever we want, but we won't call it a date, even if we're doing "date" like things.
4. No nagging
5. Always remember that we like each other too much to sleep together and that sleeping together will ruin EVERYTHING.
6. If the words "I love you" are ever mentioned, it will be assumed that it is in a friendship type context.
7. No talking dirty, or talking about dates with your vibrator(Scratch that!)

The Don't List works for awhile.  Both Tristan and Danika fight very hard to keep their sexual thoughts and wants to themselves because the friendship means a lot to both of them.  Danika tries to date his hot brother Jared and Tristan tries to bang every walking twig to work out his sexual frustration. But, with two hot people that spend a lot of time together, it is inevitable that the flying sparks will eventually ignite and when they do, it is a firestorm!! 


"Tell me not to kiss you," he said, when his lips were a breath away from mine. "Don't kiss me," I told him, my voice a breathless rasp.  "Mean it," he said, crowding me into a corner of the pool.  "I can't." I gasped. 
"He kissed me and the world disappeared."

"I want you so badly that I'd do just about anything to have you," he said roughly.  "The only thing I won't do is risk losing you.  Can you promise me that if we do this, I won't lose you?"~Tristan

So after one or more scorching kisses, the Don't List was annihilated!  The SEX, oh the SEX!!  It was hot, make you get out your own BOB, call your man home, get it on right now steamy!! I, personally don't think a "normal" man can have sex so many times in a row without having a heart attack or having his c**k fall off, but I will take the machine that is Tristan any day!

"This is about making you lose your mind.  I say when you're ready, and I plan to take my time getting you there.  I want you to let go.  I want you to submit.  I want you to be so far gone that the only word left in your vocabulary is my name."

Ummm...where can I sign up??!!  Tristan and Danika decide that they can be friends with benefits but that they would be exclusive.  Right, we all know how that works.  Tristan has a long line of one-nighters that show up through out the book, and let me tell you, Danika is a little spit fire!  She charges in and tells those sluts where to go every time!!  Tristan has is own anger issues and doesn't have a problem taking it out on his douche bag friend Dean or any of Danika's exes whenever they cross the line, and for Dean its a regular occurrence.  Danika makes the mistake of crossing the "friends with benefits" line and falling for Tristan.  When she finally gets the courage to tell him, he throw is back in her face and ends their Tryst.  Danika is of course, devastated and besides herself with misery, that she was stupid enough to think he felt the same.  Tristan!!  You idiot!!!

The intoxicating bliss I'd found in his arms had come from trust, and this was taking that feeling of losing myself in the moment, of relinquishing control, to a whole new level.



Danika gets talked into going to Tristan's first gig by his good friend Frankie(lesbian).  You also get a peek of James Cavendish before Up in the Air!!  After the concert, Tristan tells her that he can't live without her and he wants a "real" relationship with her.  Que in all of his slutties that he fornicated with in that 2 week "break" as he calls it, and we have mass drama again!  They do give the relationship a good run, but in one huge blow up over exes, they bring the inferno to a smoldering fire, both sides hurt and unsure of what just happened.  Tristan tries in vain to get Danika to forgive him for the horrible things he said and did that night.  Danika completely shuts him out and won't even consider his apologies.

"I don't have a word for this, because I've never felt this before.  But I do love you.  I just wish there was a way to explain to you that love is just the start of it, because it's turned into so much more for me." ~Tristan

Can a devestating, life altering situation bring them back together?

I thought that waiting was the hardest thing I'd ever been through in my life, but life was about to prove me very wrong. ~Tristan

AAAAHHH!!!  To be continued in Rock Bottom out November 2014!  I am counting down the days, hours, minutes, seconds, until this book is in my hands!!!!



                                                          
                              Tristan                                                                                           Danika






                           
                                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment