Monday, October 21, 2013

Review of Finding It by Cora Carmack

Finding It
Cora Carmack
Series: Losing It #3
Rating: 4 Groupie Stars

16172638

"I didn't believe you when you told me I would find another place to call home.  This feels like home."

Synopsis
Sometimes you have to lose yourself to find where you truly belong....
Most girls would kill to spend months traveling around Europe after college graduation with no responsibilities, no parents, and a no-limit credit card.  Kelsey Summers is no exception.  She's having the time of her life..or that's she keeps telling herself. 
It's a lonely business trying to find who you are, especially when you're afraid you won't like what you discover.  No amount of drinking or dancing can chase away Kelsey's loneliness, but maybe Jackson Hunt can.  After a few chance meetings, he convinces her to take a journey of adventure instead of alcohol.  With each new city and experience, Kelsey's mind becomes a little clearer and her heart a little less hers.  Jackson helps her unravel her own dreams and desires.  But the more she learns about herself, the more Kelsey realizes how little she knows about Jackson.

"You're not horrible, Kelsey.  You are vibrant and beautiful, and you burn.  Burn so vividly.  Fires can damage, but they are also so beautiful and vital and they can purify and give the chance to start fresh.  You're not horrible.  Not at all."

My Review
Finding It is a parallel story to Bliss's.  This is the story of Kelsey after she leaves her friends after graduating college and decides to tour Europe. Kelsey has always been the one I was rooting for.  I knew she had a dark past and I couldn't wait for her story!  This book by far was my favorite in the series!  I LOVE Kelsey and Hunt (Jackson).  Kelsey meets Hunt at one of her worst drunken moments at a bar where she is trying to dance and drink her past behind he,while also trying to find herself.  Unfortunately, the drinking and dancing doesn't seem to be working, nor is a different guy every night.  After being rescued by Hunt at the bar, Kelsey tries to forget him but starts seeing him everywhere. Kelsey and Hunt go on an epic road(train) trip through Europe and Kelsey begins to open up and lets some of the hurt and angst from her past to slowly diminish.  She begins to enjoy being around Hunt and spending time with him, but she questions his motives sometimes, especially when he sends mixed messages.  

"He made me feel like  I didn't have to keep heading in the same direction.  I'd thought I needed this trip to give me a story, one that I could take with me through the rest of my miserable life for comfort or consolation.  But he made me think that I could have a bigger story, one that didn't end when this trip was over."


The magnetism between them is air crackling and I was dying for them to finally give in and DO it ALREADY!! After one HOT and I mean HOT weekend holed up in a hotel, Kelsey decides that she really is falling in love with him but is scared to allow those feelings, afraid that it will open her up to feelings that she has been forcing down since she was a child. Kelsey fights long and hard  not to have these feelings but when you have a hot ex military man around 24/7, how can you NOT give in at some point!!

"I pulled back so that I could look into his eyes, and that feeling, that attachment I'd felt to him was no longer a hook, but an anchor buried deep in my ribcage"

  Hunt is a very mysterious guy and you really don't get much history about him in book.  In fact, the only reason I gave the book 4 stars was because I felt that the author could have gone more in depth on the storyline with Kelsey and her parents and how Hunt came into the picture.  When Kelsey finds out why Hunt is truly there, it devastates her and she
does the only thing she knows how to do, run. 

"It's a quiet thing when your heart breaks.  I thought it would be loud, louder than the air rushing around us when we 'd dove off that bridge.  I thought it would drown everything else out.  But it happened like a whisper.  A small, clean split.  It broke in a second, and the pain was little more than a pinprick. It's the echo that kills you.  Like the echo inside the Grotto Azzurra, that tiny sound  kept bouncing around the cavern of my ribs, getting louder and louder.  It multiplied until I heard hearts breaking, a thousand, more.  All of them mine."

"Of course, I can handle it.  It's nothing, really.  Just another thing that wasn't real.  It was just another thing that doesn't count"

Hunt gives Kelsey some time to think run and think, but you he is going to find her and make her listen.  He enlists the sweetest help to deliver special things to Kelsey to make her see how he feels.  At first Kelsey denies them but once again after a bit she gives in.  

Hunt- "I hated you because you made me face my past.  But once I did that...once I acknowledged it, I started to notice the ways you are different from me.  I meant what I said in Germany, Kelsey.  You burn so brightly and beautifully.  You light up a room when you walk into it.  I watched people flock to you city after city, bar after bar.  You just..even at your most miserable, you had more life in your pinky than I had in my whole body.  And when I stopped hating you, I started wanting you.  And then I didn't stand a chance.  I tried to stay away, but I just...couldn't."

AWWWWEEE!!!  How can you not be completely in love with Hunt now?!  The ending could have defintely used a little more closure.  There were several things that happened or were discussed during the book that needed to be cleared up a little bit more.  Overall I LOVED Kelsey and Hunt!!!  A must read for everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment