Thursday, October 17, 2013

Review of Catch My Fall by Ella Fox

Catch My Fall
Author Ella Fox
Rating 3.5 groupie stars


18457482

"It's reason nine thousand and ninety-nine that I am head-over heals in love with him."

Synopsis
Mia Reeves faith, trust and sense of security were all taken away in the blink of an eye. In need of a fresh start, she settles into a new town and begins to make a new life. 

Tristan Chamberlain has always kept girls at arm's length and he has no intention of changing. He’s caring, smart, handsome, but he’s also dealing with a lifetime of guilt that’s slowly but surely destroying him.

Sometimes what you run from is the one thing that will save you.

Separately, they’re both free-falling. Together, they’re about to find that love can create the strongest safety net of all.

"Beautiful girl, I'm so proud of you.  You're the definition of strength and beauty.  You caught my fall and saved me from myself.  Just being you, you're my gift and I will treasure you.  You're all I want.


My Review
This book is totally different than Ella Fox's Hart Series.  Mia and Tristan are both broken and in desperate need of mending and patching.  When Mia meets Tristan she is still recovering from a horrific incident that happened to here only a few months ago.  Tristan is trying to deal with his past and the only way he knows how is to be a manwhore.  Add in his hot twin brother and Mia's roommate Darby and you have 2 very hot couples!  Even tho I felt that this story could use a little more depth and it seemed like another story of the bad boy turned good by love, I still liked the characters.  

  A horrible thing was done to Mia and her friend Macy, and even though it didn't happen until the end, I am glad that those little pricks got what was coming to them and even Tristan got his chance to beat the crap out of one them! Mia and Tristan both have their demons but are able to work them out and create a beautiful relationship together.

"No, baby..it's you who saved me.  Fighting for you is what I was born to do.  Never thank me for doing what comes naturally."

Darby and Tristan's brother, Trace, competed very hard for the starring roles of this book and I'm excited to read their book. I would also like for Macy, Mia's other friend to have a book with a HEA that she deserves!!

Ella Fox is by far one of my favorite authors and even though this book wasn't a complete win with me, I still look forward to the next book!

No comments:

Post a Comment