Thursday, October 17, 2013

Review of HERS by Dawn Robertson

HERS
Dawn Robertson
Stand Alone (There is a Spin-off Finding Willow)
Rating: 4 (almost 4.5) Groupie Stars!!


Synopsis:

 I am weak.
I am lonely.
I am a slut.
I am strong.
I am Dominant.
I am independent.
I am Seven James.

My entire life, no one has wanted me, and that was fine, because I sure as shit didn't need anyone else. Blah, Blah Blah, insert sad story here about negligent parents, and shitty siblings, and you have my life story in a nut shell. When my college boyfriend dumped me, it was just icing on the cake. Five years, and a booming career later I am here to collect my revenge.

That was until a delicious plaything walked into the kink club I frequent, and rocked my typically un-rockable world. Causing me to break the one rule I have lived by since Daniel Alexander walked out of my life, never have sex with the same person twice. Ever.

Warning!!!! Hers contains sexually explicit situations that may be uncomfortable for some. These include FF, FMF, and MFM interactions

REVIEW: 
 I had first heard about this book from one of the blogs I subscribe to by email. I immediately thought, that's a hot cover (I am one of those people who does judge a book by its cover, if the cover draws me in I am going to read more). Then I read the synopsis, it caught my attention and had me wanting to
read more, and immediately added the book to my TBR list. 

This book was so not what I was expecting, it was so much better. For this being the author’s first book, I am very impressed and will be definitely reading her future work. I will give a WARNING this book it not for the faint of heart. There are very dirty, steamy, and detailed scenes in this book. So if that is not your thing, stop reading NOW. I on the other hand LOVE these types of books. Sometimes you read a sex scene and think that was horrible, not believable, and turned me off more than it turned me on, however that is not the case in this book (if I’m not feeling a sex scene I will skim over it, I DID NOT do this once in this book). I read this book in one sitting, could not stop reading and was totally invested in Seven's story.

Seven James excels at her career but not in her personal life. She has just landed a business deal, she is now the controlling owner of Alexander Mobile, that will make her career. Everyone in her life made her feel like she was nothing and unimportant. She never had any real love in her life and never gave in return, with the exception of her friend Star. Those that should have loved her only hurt her and caused her pain, and she will get her revenge, either by her own doing or by karma. 

 I never thought that I would come back hours later to my best friend, and the woman I loved, fucking my brother.

"You are nothing more than a good fuck, and a warm body." He should have just carved my heart right out of my chest at that moment. "Seven you aren't a forever kind of girl."

Levi Parker has a cheating ex wife, who is trying to scam him for more alimony, and a new fetish. He is trying to find someone who is accepting of it and will help him explore it. Levi and Seven meet at Sinners and Swingers, a sex club. Seven is immediately attracted to Levi in his business suit and intriguing eyes. The feeling is mutually and leads to a steamy "one" night stand. Seven has rules for the men and women she takes home:

" Fist, protection. Condoms are a must.

           Two. If you are afraid of strap-ons, walk away now.

   Third. This is a one time, no strings attached kind of thing. 
What goes on behind those doors is private.

Last. When we are done with you tonight, you leave. No questions asked."

However, it isn't that simple. When Seven goes to her first board meeting, Levi is one of the board members.

The guy I fucked two nights ago, up the goddamn ass with a strap-on, is one of my new fucking board members. I. Am. So. Fucked. So fucked. So beyond fucked.

 Neither Seven or Levi have been able to stop thinking about each other. Levi wants more from Seven but she does not do relationships, she does not even sleep with the same person twice. Seven keeps trying to push Levi away by trying to scare him (introducing a male DOM into their twosome), running away, and even revealing her true self. All of this just makes Levi want her more and he is very persistent. I loved Levi and his personality. He was up for anything and did not give up when things got tough. He could both be in control and give up control. Can they both work through their past demons to find a future with each? You'll have to read to see!

"Seven James. I want you. I want all of you. I want you every way you would give yourself to me. I want you."

The connection between our bodies is undeniable. But can we weather the storm of my demons?

My only issue with the book is that I wish it was longer, however I do not feel like it was rushed. There were a few scenes that I wish would been more I depth and I was left wanting more with the ending. NO cliffhanger, just some wanted to know if they followed through with their list. Maybe a Vegas trip Novella? I would definitely recommend this book and plan on doing just that!


CASTING:
     Levi Parker                                                                                       Seven James



















  
Favorite Quotes and Inner Monologues:

 When it comes down to it, this old man just made my career. I should probably drop to my knees and suck his wrinkly old dick in thanks. On second thought, I think I just fucking vomited in my mouth.

Fucking God I hate guys who wear skinny jeans. Whoever thought making chick jeans for dudes needs to be shot.

I am ready to mount that gorgeous beast of a cock and ride it like Sea Biscuit.
                      It is a game, and little does this bitch know, I am Milton fucking Bradley


No comments:

Post a Comment