Sunday, December 1, 2013

Crazy Maybe Release Day Blitz

 Crazy Maybe
A.D. Justice.


Buy Links:
 Amazon 
                                         Kobo,
iBooks & Nook (Smashwords)



Recommended for 18+ due to sex, violence, language and adult themes.
Andi Stone is a strong, smart and independent woman, thanks to the help of a famous boxing trainer, Mack, and his protégé, Shane, who have respectively been like a father and brother to her. But that wasn't always the case. Andi never knew what a “normal” life was like. Having been raised in foster care from the age of six after the death of her parents, Andi became emancipated at 16 after an especially horrible incident forced her into a psychiatric hospital.
Luke Woods, the family black sheep and street-brawler, is determined to be a successful professional boxer despite his family’s protests. He needs Andi’s help to get there. The wedge between him and his family over his past relationship issues and career choices is not easily overcome. Luke must learn to face the past mistakes, fears and demons that constantly plague him.
Fireworks and passions quickly ignite between Andi and Luke in the midst of the chaos that surrounds and threatens them. She never revealed the secrets and lies that have plagued her, but when she publicly inherits her family fortune, the living, breathing past comes back to torment her and threaten all that she holds dear. For the first time in her life, Andi must learn to rely on someone else to love and protect her or risk losing the man she loves.
Sometimes love isn't enough. Sometimes it’s all you need.



 CHAPTER NINE
ANDI
I’m not over-analyzing why Brandon is here. Or why Luke seems so pissed about why Brandon’s here. I’m not even going to think about what Luke was about to say when Mitch came up to tell me my song is coming up soon. I’m just going to get in character, sing my song, and have fun with a bunch of great people tonight.
I will not think about how seductive this song is or how my body will react to singing it to Luke in front of the entire club.
I will not think about it.
I will not.
Shit, that’s all I can think about.
I lead Luke backstage and show him to the dressing rooms since we didn’t have time to do it after dinner. He doesn’t really need the dressing room since he’s already wearing his “costume,” well, except for the Lone Ranger-type mask that he’ll be wearing. I may have forgot to mention that to him before because he’s not looking real happy as I hand it to him.
“Please? It’ll work, trust me,” I console him as innocently as possible. He huffs and puffs a little but finally concedes.
His consent earns him a kiss on the cheek. “If I’d known you were going to do that, I would’ve turned my head and made you plant it square on my mouth,” he seductively chides me.
I playfully tell him to behave before adding, “Give me just a minute to change and we’ll get set up on the stage.” He nods and waits outside the dressing room door for me. I may have also forgot to mention to him that I’ll only be wearing a man’s button down shirt onstage.
Yeah, I definitely forgot to mention this little fact. When I open the door and casually say, “Come on, Luke,” he quickly grabs my arm and twirls me around to face him.
“Where the hell are the rest of your clothes?” He is literally growling the words at me. I mean, I’ve read about how men “growl” out a response, but I’m almost positive he’s about to turn into some kind of man-beast right in front of me.
“This is it – this is my costume.” My eyes are big and innocent, like I have no idea what he’s referring to. His eyes narrow to mere slits in his face, which by the way, has turned into a lovely shade of scarlet red due to the high volume of blood rushing for the top of his head.
“The hell you say! You are not going out there like this!”
“Yes, I am. This fits the scene, Luke.” I stay calm, knowing that yelling right now will only delay us getting the stage even more.
“Whose. Shirt. Is. That?” Each word is pointed, sharp and holds deeper meaning that he will even say out loud.
“Shane’s.” This answer visibly relaxes him for a split second.
“WHY THE HELL IS IT UNBUTTONED?” He’s just now realized this little fact.
“It’s not unbuttoned,” I start but his stance becomes increasingly menacing, “all the way. The last two are buttoned.”
He is about to go nuclear when Mitch saves me as he calls out, “Andi, you need to be onstage now.”
“OK!” I happily rush towards the back entrance to the stage and call over my shoulder, “Luke, put your mask on and get in position.”
Luke has no choice but to follow me now and he knows he has to be quiet because the previous performer isn’t quite finished yet. I take my place at the table with the wine and roses while Luke crouches down to hide behind the bed. When the curtains open and the music for my song starts, I’m transformed into another world and I forget all about Luke being pissed off about my lack of clothing.
The microphone is fit snugly over my ear so I can use both hands freely and move about the stage. I’m singing Familiar Taste of Poison, by Halestorm, tonight. Love is the familiar poison. The wine is a metaphor for love and her lover urges her to consume all of it, until she becomes consumed by him but apparently he doesn’t need her as much as she needs him.
The music starts off slow and ominous, but seductive and alluring at the same time. My voice is soft as the song starts. After the first couple of lines, I pick up the wine glass and empty wine bottle and move to the front of the stage as Luke stands up behind the bed, wearing all black and holding a long-handled sickle in one hand. I sing the next few lines of the first verse and begin the chorus.
As I sing, I sit on the floor of the stage and lay the empty wine bottle down beside me. I then take a small capsule filled with a white powder, break it open and pour it into the wineglass, as I finish the last line of the chorus. The music continues while I drink the wine with the imaginary poison in it. I put the glass down and stand back up, leaving the empty bottle and glass lying on the stage floor well in front of me and out of the way. Luke, playing the part of death, lays the sickle down, steps out from behind the bed and stealthily moves to the front of the stage, standing just behind me.
I look over my shoulder at Luke as I sing the first line of the next verse.
He’s behind me but my movements mimic his, as if I’m his puppet on his string while he’s seducing me until he completely owns me. He’s so close to me, his front to my back, as death continues to seduce me and I sing the rest of the verse.
My voice becomes a little louder and more forceful as I repeat the chorus. After the first line of the chorus, Luke’s arm snakes around my waist. Because my shirt is unbuttoned, his hand slides inside the shirt and is warm against my skin. He pushes himself closer into me from behind and tightens his grip around my front.
At the end of the chorus, Luke moves around to my side and I turn to fully face him, our profiles to the audience. The crescendo of the music and my voice hit the high point of the song. The pull I feel to him is intense. We didn’t rehearse it this way, but I can’t help but be drawn into him. My arm reaches out to him, encircles his neck and our faces are mere inches apart as I sing the next verse to him, oblivious to the throngs of people watching.
My hands are on his face and our eyes are locked in place, on each other, never wavering. I feel his muscular arms move down my back until they rest just under my ass. Suddenly, he lifts me up and my legs wrap around his waist. I’m still singing to him but we must look like we’re making love on stage. And I don’t even care because I am so lost in this man right now.
As I sing the last repeat of the chorus, he begins walking back to the far side of the bed, so he can lay me down on it but not block the audience’s view of the show as I continue singing to him.
My legs are straight and my arms are folded over my chest, as if I’m now dead, and Luke leans in and deeply kisses me, sliding his tongue in my mouth, gently caressing mine. Just as the music starts to fade away, he stands erect and holds the sickle again, as if death itself is now standing over my lifeless body. The curtains close and the crowd erupts in thunderous applause. I open my eyes and Luke helps me stand up off the makeshift bed as he takes his mask off. The curtains open again and we take our bow at the front of the stage.
I’m the first one to turn around and head backstage. My feet quickly carry me towards he dressing room. My body is still humming with electricity from Luke’s touch and his kiss. I can’t even think straight but I can feel him behind me, close on my heels. I march into the dressing room but I can’t turn around just yet. I hear him come in behind me and slam the door shut.
Before I can blink, I’m spun around and up against the door. Luke lifts me and my legs instinctively wrap around his waist. He leans in and greedily takes my mouth with his. The kiss is furious and feverish, like neither of us can get enough. His obvious erection is grinding into me and every thrust is excruciatingly delicious through the flimsy silk panties I’m wearing under this shirt. The shirt that is now being pushed off my shoulders as Luke’s mouth moves down my neck and onto my collarbones.


 I am a true Southern-born and Southern-bred girl from the Heart of Dixie (humming Sweet Home Alabama yet?).  Originally from Alabama, my parents divorced when I was very young and I moved to northwest Georgia with my mom and siblings.  While I love GA and the beautiful mountains, around football season, you will hear me yell "ROLL TIDE" without hesitation!

I have been happily married for 24 years and we have two wonderful sons, both of them are in college.  I have a full-time job that pays the bills but I love writing with a passion.  I wrote short stories as a teenager, but really only for my friends to read.  Other hobbies include horseback riding, hiking, snorkeling, scuba diving, traveling, spending time with family, and of course, reading.

After reading countless romance novels, I decided to give it a try for myself.  "Wicked Games" is my first full novel.  I plan to write a separate book for each of the Steele Security characters.  I've recently started a second series that has a different focus and feel to it.  I hope you enjoy my work but I definitely appreciate constructive feedback.

With no agent or publishing company behind me, I'm learning about the self-publishing (and self-marketing) as I go!  





No comments:

Post a Comment