Friday, December 13, 2013

Review of Blissful Series Book 1 and 2 by Clarissa Wild


Rating: 4 Groupie Stars

Sweet and sexy, Blissful will melt your heart

Unlucky is my middle name. My life as a singer songwriter in a band I started with my best friend isn’t getting anywhere. I’m curvy and being thin is apparently important for a musical career. When my high school sweetheart and I get married, I find him kissing my best friend. Of course I didn’t put up with it.
Broken and depressed, I run away from everything I know, but even my car breaks down. Like I said … luck is not on my side.

Until I meet Jack …

Maintaining a ranch isn’t easy. I’ve got more work than time. Spare time is a luxury I can’t afford and won’t give into. When I spend one moment alone with my thoughts, I’m done for. Alcohol becomes my friend, because I can’t bear to feel the misery inside my heart.
I hate who I’ve become. Sorrow eats me up, but I won’t let anyone see. I need to keep on living, keep on fighting, and do everything on my own. For her, my little angel. She’s all I have left.

Until I meet Amy …

Lost in misery, love is our salvation



Blissful is book 1 in a group of Serials written by Clarissa Wild. This book is more of an introduction to the characters and their pasts. It sets up the story and really pulls you in right at the end wanting to know what is going to happen!

 Amy was supposed to get married to Ronnie, who she has dated for 8 years. On their WEDDING DAY she finds Ronnie and her best friend Nicole getting all hot and heavy with each other. She breaks it off (thank god!!!) and decides to pack a bag and just get away. However her getaway is spoiled when he car breaks down. Enter the Good Samaritan Jack, he comes to Amy's rescue and offers to help fix her car and let her stay in his spare room while he does. I really liked both characters. I especially enjoyed their inner monologues. When Jack is trying to "not" fantasize about Amy it is pretty hilarious. However, Jack has some issues of his own that we don't find out in this book and I can't wait to learn about his past. Both Jack and Amy are fighting their attractions to each throughout the story and are afraid because of their pasts. Will they finally give into each other and give love a chance??? You'll have to wait and see!

I can't wait to read the next installment and find out where Amy and Jacks story will lead. This was a fun and quick read that I really enjoyed and think that the future installments are only going to get better. 


Rating: 4 Groupie Stars
 

Mending our hearts isn't as easy as it seems

Meeting Jack has been an eye opener for a curvy girl like me. Only now do I realize that there are good men in the world who deserve more love. He's a sexy hardworking man, and his ranch and daughter are all he has left. Passion is missing in his life.
I want to give him what he needs, but he won't let me. Then again, I'm not sure what I want either. My career as a singer songwriter has been on hold ever since I met him, and now I miss it more than anything. I know I'll have to make a choice someday.
However, I also know that Jack's hiding his past from me, and the truth will come out sooner or later...

When I met Amy I never imagined wanting her as much as I do now. I'm starting to fall for her, and I don't know if I can hold back any longer. I'm afraid, though. What if her loving brings back those painful memories from the past? I've been drowning the sorrow in alcohol for as long as I can remember. If the wounds in my heart tear open again, I'm not sure I can resist the urge to stop living.
Only Amy can rescue me now, and I hope it's not too late ... for the both of us.

 

Blissful 2 is the second installment of the series. It picks up right where the first book ends. Amy and Jack are standing in the rain and he FINALLY admits he wants her to stay. But there is still trouble in paradise. They are both broken from their pasts and both have issues that need to be resolved. We get to learn more about Jacks past and what has made him so afraid to open up and love again. However we only get bits and pieces throughout this book but we don't get the full story yet. We also get some sex!!!! I don't think I have ever wanted two characters to get it on as much as I did for Jack and Amy. Talk about sexual tension!!!

I love that these books are quick reads but you still get a lot of story. The author draws you in further and further as the books go on. This one does end in a BIG cliffhanger!!!! I need to know what is going to happen next!! I can't wait for the next Blissful installment.



Clarissa Wild is an avid reader and writer of sexy stories about hot men and feisty women. Her other loves include her furry cat friend and learning about different cultures. In her free time she enjoys watching all sorts of movies, reading tons of books and cooking her favorite meals.

Check out my sexy books: http://smarturl.it/clarissawildbooks
 

BOOKS BY CLARISSA WILD: Amazon -- Barnes&Noble -- Kobo -- iTunes -- Google Play -- Smashwords -- All Romance



No comments:

Post a Comment